Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Longtime listener, first time caller

When Cas and I go on trips, our families read this blog.  On Friday, for the first time since we began writing about our travels, some of our usual readers will be appearing here.  

While I typically don't blog about family trips, this is a special occasion.  My dad went and turned 70 a few days ago, and to celebrate, a whole bunch of us are headed to New Orleans.  I am actually taking a few days off of work for the trip, which is something I never do.  Cas, fortunately, is all done for the year.  It's shocking how badly a global pandemic can throw off your schedule.  Nevertheless, once the idea came, we had to do it.  Dad, Dan, Cas and I have tickets to head out on a Southwest flight.  Jeff, Reema and Jack are coming along for a part of the time, road-tripping from home, and as a really neat bonus, dad's youngest sibling, my Aunt Jane is coming all the way from Minneapolis.  

I am, as always, grateful for my main travel partner.  He has way more detailed knowledge of New Orleans than the rest of us combined- his brother went to college there.  I get it- when your brother lives somewhere else, you go visit.  When the Army put Jeff in Hawaii or Italy, I visited!  To be fair, I also came when they put him in Kansas and Georgia.  The point is, you visit...  And in doing that, he learned a lot of New Orleans geography, making him our de facto tour guide.  

So, we head out early on Friday morning, and after that I will certainly keep you posted!  

Laissez le bon temps rouler!



1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! For the first time
    I get the fun of living it and reading about it too! Can’t wait. Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete