Friday, June 4, 2021

Purple Drank

Wow, 6 am is an early time to fly anywhere.  Our best deal for the flight, though, was exactly then.  That means we all had to be in one place at 4:30 to get to the airport by 5.  Breakfast would have to have occurred at 3:30 or 4, so we arrived in New Orleans hungry.  After a cab ride to the hotel, we checked in (seven hours early!  Well done, Hampton Inn!) and located a seafood omelet.  Wow.  Fueled with that, we walked to the French Quarter, then to the riverfront, then back to the French Quarter... Cas’ Fitbit registered 10,000 steps before noon.  After a stop at a bar on Bourbon Street, we all headed the long way back to the hotel.  A nap is in order, as the rest of our party is arriving this afternoon and this evening, and it would be a shame if we were all tired out when they arrive.  

I need to write this down, though, mostly so I don’t forget it- Dad and Danny had a beer from a brewery called Gnarly Barley.  The beer was something like a milk porter- Can’t remember, but if we ever see it again, I need to buy it and bring it to my dad.  It was good- I had a sip, but Cas and I had to have the ominous looking “Purple Drank.”  I mean, it had a handwritten sign on the side of the machine that spat out the purple stuff, and there was no explanation offered to what was in there.  A mysterious, unexplained purple beverage?  Don’t mind if I do!  
Anyhow, enough for now- the idea of a nap is too ingrained in my mind, now, and I need to have one.  

I’ll write more later, and certainly, Cas will make up a photo album.  I mean, it’s his job when we travel, right?  

Until then, sweet dreams! 

UPDATE: Cas made a photo album.  Here you go: https://photos.app.goo.gl/chay3CBSmG5aSwXr6

No comments:

Post a Comment