Friday, March 15, 2024

Souvenirs

I have seven students in an advisory class this year, and because most of them are in seventh grade, they outright asked for souvenirs from my trip.  Fine.  I can pick up seven tchotchkes.  Folks, tchotchkes are expensive.  I know we're not broke people, but I didn't feel right spending a bunch of money on a handful of useless items for kids at the middle school.  Confession time- I found a multi-pack of glow in the dark alligator toys on Amazon.  They should be here today, and I see the kids Monday.  I'm not really a souvenir person, myself.  It adds pressure to the travels.  I've always thought you should to enjoy your time, not spend it in a tourist-gouging gift shop selecting from location-branded t-shirts and keychains. 

Four ourselves, we got what we always get- a refrigerator magnet.  We get a magnet from each place we visit, near or far.  We have magnets from nearby Fort Worth and Reunion Tower right here in Dallas, and we have some from our wedding trip to the other side of the world.  The little fish magnet from Fiji sits near a wine bottle magnet from Grapevine, Texas.  We write dates on the back and stick them on the freezer door of the refrigerator we keep in the garage.  We may have to expand to the refrigerator door in a bit- that freezer door is pretty full.  

That's a problem for another day, though.  We found a spot for this proud rooster, and with that, our spring break draws to a close.  We're back home and getting ready to finish out the year with our children at school.  I just need to remember to take seven alligator toys with me.  

See you all back here next time we leave town.  It's going to be pretty epic- We are headed to the southern hemisphere this year- more on that in July.   

One last time: Here are our photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment