Sunday, July 28, 2024

And just like that

We’re back in Dallas, back in the house and waiting for the first of many loads of laundry to finish up in the dryer.  We popped the new refrigerator magnets on the freezer door and put on some decidedly comfy clothes.  We’re looking at nearly three weeks of mail and determining that there wasn’t much of value or consequence delivered to the mailbox in July.  

Tomorrow is Monday, and life goes on.  The city returns to work.  I have to go back on Thursday, in fact.  Seems a little early to me, but school district calendars run through a million layers of public input and school board approval, so I suspect my complaints would get a little drowned out if I bothered.  

Cas and I arrived at DFW before lunch.  His mom and stepdad picked us up, and the bunch of us went out for a cheeseburger and a margarita.  Nothing says Welcome back to Texas like a big burger and a Tex-Mex cocktail.  

We’re hanging up the travel toothbrush for a while- but not that long, actually.  I’m going to go ahead and turn 50 in just over a month, and Cas has a three-day-weekend getaway in store for us.  I am, as ever, down to clown.  

In the meantime, we’ll live with the memories of the river, the mountains, the volcanoes, the ancient Incan cities, the unfamiliar creatures, the other-worldly scenery and the excessively fancy hotels.  

Cheers, everyone!

One last time, here’s the Photo Album.

No comments:

Post a Comment